Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Monday, July 25, 2011

2011 Kenya Travel Team Members and Their Prayer Requests

2011 Trip to Kiria, Kenya

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - Saturday, August 6, 2011




Jordan Albertson (28 [Going on 29!])
2 Timothy 1:7  That the Spirit would give us Power, Love, and Self-discipline
2 Timothy 2:4-5 That we would seek to do nothing less than the Will of God and to please Him only; not ourselves or our Kenyan brothers & sisters
2 Timothy 2:10  That we may endure everything for the sake of those called by Christ that they may obtain Salvation
2 Timothy 2:21 That we may be cleansed of unrighteous thoughts and behaviors so that we may be made holy and useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work
Ephesians 5:11 That we may expose the fruitless deeds of darkness
Philippians 2:3 That we may live in humility, not looking to our own interests, but to the interests of others
Philippians 2:15-16 That we may shine like stars in the sky as we hold firmly to the Word of Life




Elizabeth Albertson (28)
That I will listen to the Holy Spirit and follow His guidance.




Dave Brown (45 [Going on 11!])Team Father
That God will bless our Kenyan brethren as they seek to follow Jesus Christ and to create a sustainable community devoted to His Lordship.
That God will prepare the heart of every travel team member to be an open conduit of His loving kindness to our Kenyan brethren and to every other team member.
That God will erect a high hedge of protection around every team member.
That God will bring our team together as a family.
That I will know the Mind and feel the Heart of Jesus.
That I will humbly serve my team members.
That I will live a surrendered life.




Molly Buckley (25)
For safe travel and that the long plane rides don’t take too much of a toll on my teammates and me.
That God wrecks the hearts of us as we fellowship with, worship with, and serve the people of Kiria, Kenya.
That we take the time to breathe and that we treasure each moment that we have with God and the Kiria community.
That we are able to further spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
That our team comes back to the United States with changed hearts.
That we are able to share our experiences with our friends and family here so that they might be changed as well.




Delice Coffey
That I will serve in the ways that I am meant to serve.
For a safe and healthy return.




Fran Helpingstine (Proud 48)
Safe travel for the Team.
A quiet work week (while I’m in Kenya), so that there will be few issues to deal with upon my return.
Team bonding.
My relationship with Christ.  I want to grow in new and beautiful ways.
To leave Africa changed, inspired, and rejuvenated.
To meet someone who will change the trajectory of my life and that I will have the same impact on someone I meet during the trip.
Ease of embracing the culture so that I can encourage and love the Kenyans.
Personally (while I’m away), continued prayers for my Dad’s health to be fully restored.
Safety and protection for my family back home.




Amy Elizabeth Lineberry (25)
Communicating my needs/feelings to others (I tend to keep my feelings to myself).




Rosalyn Lloyd
For our Kiria brothers and sisters.
That everyone will be in good health.
Safe travels.
For Africans that are traveling from Somalia to Dadaab for food and water.  May God bless them!




Sarah Owen (26)
Encouragement to remain focused on the task at hand.
Support in following schedules and directions.
To build meaningful relationships.  Sometimes, I have difficulty with this due to my unique communication style.
For the team’s safety and spiritual development.




Kathy Pittman
Spiritual wisdom and sensitivity.
New lasting relationships.
Ability to communicate in spite of the language barriers.
Physical and emotional stamina.
Protection from illness and injury.




Katy Rogers (17) and Lisa Shear (45)
Health, safety, communications, relationships, healing, and peace.




Britany Smith (24)
An open heart to what God has in store for me and the team.
Safety/health.
Flexibility.




James Smith (16)
Safe travels and no problem getting boarding passes (sometimes I have issues with this as James Smith is a very common name, and has been on a do-not-fly list ever since 9/11).
Good health in mind and body for the entire team.
That our team’s interactions with the Kenyans will remain humble even when it may seem that our arrival is the reason they are so happy.
That we will send all of this joy and praise to God, and encourage the Kenyans in the Name of the Lord.
That our team is able to forget our hardships and problems back at home and focus on giving the Kenyans 110% of our energy, effort, and thought while on
this trip.




Diana Tursi (28)
To build open and honest relationships with my teammates and the Kenyans.
Smooth transition leaving Kiria.
No migraines or other illness.
Patience with strong personalities.




Wes Vanasek (30)
That God will work through me to continue to strengthen the relationships between newhope church and our Kenyan brothers and sisters in Christ.
That we have a safe trip to and from Kenya.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you all! If anyone else loves information as much as I do check out current date, time and weather in Nairobi, Kenya at http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=170. Watching that clock... it's almost like being there... kinda. God's great blessings over the team and our Kiria friends!

--April

Anonymous said...

To be a blessing and to be blessed...all for the glory of God. We will be praying for you all as God does great things on this trip. He provides courage and gives peace, and when you return, we will be excited to hear about His amazing work in Kiria and in you.

Craig and Becky

The Oils of My Gladness said...

I added a link in the upper right (after the stats tool) to the date, time, and weather in Nairobi.

Thanks for the INFO April!

Anonymous said...

What a great looking group of people God has chosen to further His purpose of spreading the Gospel!

Anonymous said...

Yeeaah. April, thanks!!! Fabulous! :-)
I use world clock a lot; and did especially for the HMI Haiti trip, to try to keep up.
Love and Prayers.
chele