Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Team Kenya 2012 Travel Team and Their Prayer Requests

Hey, everyone...

Here's the team from newhope church (Durham, NC) that's heading to Kenya next week (September 20, 2012).  Please keep all of us in your prayers as we travel and as we spend time in-country with our Kenyan friends.  Also...please feel free to keep up with us as Dusti Sellers, Team Kenya 2012 Blogmaster, blogs about our tip on this blog site:  http://hmi-nc.blogspot.com.

We will be in Kenya from Thursday, September 20, 2012, thru Saturday, September 29, 2012.

God's peace to all of you!!

Dave
On Behalf of Team Kenya 2012


The Team and Their Prayer Requests...

Dave Brown, Team Coach
Age 46

Prayer Requests...
  • That I will have a blast with all my friends in Kenya and from newhope!!
  • That God will bless our Kenyan brethren as they seek to follow Jesus and to create a sustainable community devoted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
  • That God will prepare the heart of every travel team member to be an open conduit of God’s loving kindness to every other team member and to our Kenyan brethren.
  • That God will erect a high hedge of protection around every team member.
  • That God will bring our team together as a family.
  • That I will live a surrendered life.
  • That I will know the Mind and feel the Heart of Jesus.
  • That I will humbly serve my team members.

Rosalyn Lloyd

Prayer Requests...
  • That our newhope team will have a safe and enjoyable flight.
  • That we will experience the joy of serving God.
  • That our Kirian brothers and sisters will experience God in a Grand Way.
  • That our friends and families will be well and that they will keep us in their daily prayers.
Dale Middleton

Prayer requests...
  • That God will protect our mission team and bring everyone home safely.
  • That God will watch over my family and home.
  • That we will inspire the people of Africa to be closer to Jesus.
  • That the people of Africa will inspire our mission team and bring us closer to Jesus.
  • That God will soften the hearts of the people of the Middle East and those who provoke them.
  • That my mother-in-law will feed my pup while I am away, and not be too upset if she eats her shoes.

Kathy Pittman

Prayer Requests...
  • To see others through the eyes of Jesus and love them with His love.
  • To develop deeper relationships with my Kenyan brothers and sisters, as well as my fellow team members.
  • To be a blessing to others.
  • To be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
  • Protection from illness and injury (for me and my teammates).
  • Strength and stamina.

Mary Lou Sanchez

Prayer Requests...
  • That God will use me for His purpose on this trip and strip away any doubt I may have of my ability.
  • That God will protect my son and teammates during our travels and this trip.
  • For God to work on my son’s heart to see God and to want to follow in a path devoted to Jesus.
  • For God to continue to open my eyes and heart towards a life of service.
  • For my team members and I to grow and learn from each other and to remain a “family” team, during and after this trip.
  • Please, please, please pray for me and my fear of bugs!!!! Father God please help me!! J

Dusti Sellers, Blogmaster
Age 51

Prayer Requests...
  • Father, take what each of us has to share and multiply it to glorify your purposes.
  • Prepare our hearts and the hearts of all we come in contact with, to encounter you in each and every moment.
  • Open the eyes of each team member to see how truly blessed we are to be able to serve alongside our Kenyan brothers and sisters in Christ.
  • Work within each of us so that your son is clearly seen in our actions, thoughts, and deeds.
  • Open the hearts of those who don’t know you and use your servants to lay seed on that fertile soil, through relationships built.
  • Father, protect each and every team member’s safety, health, and strength of heart for what you have in store.
  • Help me oh God, to serve, to surrender, and to strive to be more Christ-like because of this experience.

John Stillman, Co-Trip Leader
Age 28 (turning 29 on the trip!)

Prayer Requests...
  • That my wife and I will humbly serve our team members.
  • That things would run smoothly at work in my absence.
  • That our team won’t suffer any sickness or health related issues.
  • That my wife and I can grow and learn things that we’ll be able to remember and use for the rest of our lives.
  • That I would be able to focus on being present, rather than focusing on things going on back home.

Molly Stillman, Co-Trip Leader
Age 27

Prayer Requests...
  • That my husband and I will humbly serve our team members.
  • That I will be able to humbly serve the people of Kiria, Kenya.
  • That when faced with challenges, I will be able to earnestly seek God’s guidance to make the right decision.
  • That our team won’t suffer any sickness or health related issues.
  • That my personal faith and walk with Christ will continue to be matured and strengthened through this mission trip.
  • That my husband and I will be able to continue to grow our Christ-centered marriage through our experience.

Alberto Valentin
Age 13

Prayer Requests...
  • That I will be successful on this trip and be a good helper for the team.
  • For God to protect us, so we can be safe.
  • To make friends when I’m in Kenya so I won’t be lonely.
  • To not eat anything that will hurt my stomach.
  • For me to remember to not use tap water when I brush my teeth!

Tari Wheeler

Prayer Requests...
  • That our Kiria brothers and sisters will continue to seek Jesus.
  • That our our Kiria brothers and sisters will spread the Good News to their community.
  • That God will place a hedge of protection around the team members every moment of our journey.
  • That Jesus will stretch me while growing His Kingdom as I live a life of service to others.

1 comment:

Lewspeare said...

Dusti- have a safe trip and know we are praying for you guys; Molly-- I am so proud that you and your husband on on the same spiritual page this early into your marriage--you will see these things too when you've been married as long as I have. Everyone else I don't know well, but please have a safe and wonderful experience over there!