Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Monday, April 22, 2013

Team Haiti 2013/April and Their prayer Requests



Greetings, everyone...

Please find below the members of Team Haiti 2013/April along with their prayer requests.  We leave very early this Friday morning (26 Apr), and we return very late next Thursday night (2 May).  Please keep us in your prayers, my friends, and, if you get a chance, follow us on our blog (hmi-nc.blogspot.com) while we're in-country.  Lord-willing, we'll try to post at least once a day.

Peace to all of you...

Dave
On behalf of Team Haiti 2013

Dave Brown (47)

That God will bless our Haitian brethren as they seek to follow Jesus and to create a sustainable community devoted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

That God will prepare the heart of every travel team member to be an open conduit of God's loving kindness to every other team member and to our Haitian brethren.

That God will erect a high hedge of protection around our team.

That God will bring us together as a family.

That I will live a surrendered life.

That I will know the Mind and feel the Heart of Jesus.

That I will humbly serve my team members.

Shelly Burke
That God will prepare and equip me to serve His purposes on this mission trip.


That I will be a blessing to the Haitian people and to the members of our team.

That God will provide me with the courage to face my fears and the strength to overcome them.

That God will set a hedge of protection around us throughout our journeys.

That I will draw closer to God and that He will use this wonderful opportunity transform me.


The Caylors:  Denise (31), Robert (35), and Tyler Pearce (10)

Dear God,

We pray for protection as we travel to a foreign land.

We pray for health against disease and illness so that we may be fully functional to accomplish Your mission.

May Your will be done as You guide our paths on this journey.

Protect us as a couple overseas, and protect our 10-year-old son, Tyler, as he travels with us on his first mission trip.  May he experience all that you have for him on this trip. and may he use this opportunity to lean on You and look to You during this time.

May You allow us to be Faithful, Available, and Teachable in this moment and in every opportunity that You open up to us.  Open up opportunities to be faithful and give us the desire to genuinely love Your people.
Allow us to love people as You have loved us.  Allow us to sacrifice our wants and our own comforts in order to walk in Your light and accomplish Your will.

Allow us to put away all selfishness and show the love of God in how we think, what we say, and what we do.  Do not let us complain about any situation we may face, but rather praise You in every challenge that You allow us to encounter.

Allow us to be ALL IN and put forth every effort to please You with all diligence.  Allow us to be changed as You work in us and through us. May this time be a memorable one.  Allow us to be changed in such a way that we will change others in our everyday lives.
  
May we touch those that we are helping, be touched by the experience, and touch others upon our return.  We have been Reached and Saved by You; we've been Taught the Bible; and now we're being Released into the international mission field as followers of Christ.

May Your Holy Spirit guide us, speak through us, and work through us as the very Hands and Feet of Jesus.  We have answered the call and have said, "Send Us, Lord!"

We also pray for those praying for us.  May they be diligent and fight the fight alongside us in the spirit.  As we are prayed for, we know that You will hear their cries and that you will extend Your Hand in response.  Offer protection for them in their day-to-day lives.  Allow them to understand that attacks will come during this time to distract them from fighting with us.  Do not allow them to lose heart, but offer them encouragement to stay in the fight.  We are all in this together as one body and though we might be the Hands and Feet, they're offering their hearts and minds as the very Heart and Mind of Jesus. We are unable to do this alone and their diligence is what will sustain us to victory.

In Jesus' name we pray,

Amen.

Tracy Crosby
"For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."--Ephesians 3:10

Dear Lord Jesus,

I am so grateful and humbled that you have given me another opportunity to be your light to the people of Haiti. Words can't even begin to describe how blessed and at the same time how broken I was on my first trip to Haiti last year. I pray that I am forever changed by that trip, but I want You to renew a right spirit within me Lord. I do not want to have any pre-conceived ideas or agendas, I only want to do your will and purpose for my time in Bohoc this year.

Lord, I pray that my heart would be open to receive all the blessings you have for me on this mission trip, especially the ones that are disguised as suffering. Lord, this trip is during finals week, so please help me stay focused and not be double-minded.

I pray for all of my team members as they prepare for this journey. Lord, keep them physically healthy, emotionally and mentally healthy, and, most of all, reassure them that You are the God that created the heavens and the earth, You hung the stars in the sky, and You own the cattle on a thousand hills. There is nothing that is out of your control – everything is "Father Filtered".  Give them, and their families that are staying here, your peace that passes all understanding. I pray for their time in Haiti; that it will be all that You want it to be for them and for the people they're going to touch.
I pray for my mom, Lord, while I'm in Haiti. I pray that you'll protect her and give her strength; that she won't be anxious or fearful about anything, but that she'll trust that You hold her and me safely in the Palm of Your Hand.

I'm so excited to do your work Lord Jesus, to be a small part of your plan for these people you love so much in Haiti. I give you all the praise and all the glory!!! 

AMEN

Amy Lynn Kelley (40)
For safety and protection for family at home while I am away.

That my heart will be broken for the things that break God's heart in Haiti on my first trip there.

For discernment on how newhope can continue/further support Haiti and partner with the village of Bohoc.

For an amazing mission experience for our son on his second mission trip.
For great team dynamics and friendships/connections to develop.

Benjamin (Cole) Kelley (13)
That everyone is safe on the trip

That I can have opportunities to share about this trip with others when I get back.

That everyone gets along on the trip.

For opportunities to tell others about Jesus while in Haiti.






Benji Kelley (42)

For traveling safety for the newhope team.

For safety for our children at home while we are away.

For a great experience for Benjamin as he joins us.

For deep connections with the people of Haiti and Bohoc.

For opportunities to share the life-changing gospel in a country that is hurting and still in need of so much.

Leslie Love (56)
 My prayer and intention is that I fully surrender as a testimony of faith and miracles to all who will be a witness of God's unconditional love, as I continue my journey of obedience to my calling as a minister of servitude to our Haitian community and across all thresholds, so that the purpose of uplifting God's divine love for each of us is an illuminating light for all.

My prayer and intention is to bring love, hope, laughter, joy, healing and encouragement to others, especially in Haiti and to our missionary team as we journey, so that the purpose of representing Christ Minded love shows that there are no barriers, blockages, judgments or limitations in God’s love.

My prayer and intention is that our Hope Missionary team is covered with the wings of angels and that God places a hedge of protection surrounding each of us for health and safety as we walk in obedience in following God's calling on our lives, so that we return safely and in full perfection and wholeness of body, mind and spirit to our loved ones and we continue to share the good news so that others will desire to serve.

My prayer and intention is that God will use me as a vessel of healing and hope for others, so that He will be pleased and that His purposes will be served.

Amen

Ramsay MacMillan

That God will open my heart to a deeper understanding of why I keep returning to Haiti year after year.

That God will keep all of us safe during our travels.

That my relationships with my team members will be strengthened.

That God will speak through me to those who've supported me financially but who are not believers.

That this trip will strengthen my relationship with God.

Myron Nicholson (59)

I pray for humbling and preparing my heart for His Glory.

I pray for safe travels for our team.

I pray for a spirit of unity and oneness among our team.

I pray for GOD's strengthening and changing me to better know and serve him.

I pray that I will be used to help my Haitian brothers and sisters in whatever is needed to praise, encourage and bring God glory.

I pray for continued blessings for my family and friends at home during my time away.

Reah Nicholson (29)

I pray that God will work in my heart and change me in ways I never imagined.

I pray for safe travels and good health for all of our team members.

I pray that God will use me as a vessel to spread His love, grace and mercy to our brothers and sisters in Haiti, as well as allow me to share His Word with others.

I pray that God will open my heart, eyes, and ears to what He is trying to tell me.

I pray that this trip will strengthen my relationship with God.

I pray for our brothers and sisters in Haiti that they will see God in our team, that they will see the love that God has for each of them, and that they will continue to be blessed by Him and be blessed by each team member.

I pray that God will calm my nerves and rid me of my fears, anxieties, insecurities, and feelings of the unknown.

I pray that this trip impacts my life in so many different ways and that God will open my heart to what He has called me to be as His servant.

I just pray that our team continues to build relationships with our brothers and sisters in Haiti and that we continue to show them the love of God and that God will use each of us on the team to do His will as His servants.

Joey Reaves (37)

Pray for traveling mercy for the entire team, to and from Haiti.

Pray for emotional strength while on the trip.

Pray that God uses each of us to reach others and to spread His love.

Pray that I remain open to whatever God has planned.

Pray for the Haitians we will meet and interact with.

Pray for rest before the trip.

Louise Saladino (46)

That our team will be safe and that we will lift each other up and share this experience as brothers and sisters in Christ, doing His will.

That God will begin a new work in me (break my heart for what breaks His).

That my heart will be open to receive what God has for me (complete surrender).

That God will bless my hands that whatever I touch will be used for His Glory.

That this action of "picking up my mat and going" will be the first of many opportunities to be the Hands and Feet of Christ and an answer to a what I believe was a call placed on my life (in 2005).  I long to see God's Faithfulness in a promise I believe came from Him.

That upon return, I will never be the same, that I will never again get lost in the circumstances of this world, and that I will keep my focus on what is important to God.

1 comment:

Crystal Brown said...

Hello Reah,

I pray that all continues to be well with you and your fellow teammates. God bless!