Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Team Kenya 2013 Travel Team and Their Prayer Requests

Hey, everyone...

Here's the team from newhope church (Durham, NC) that's heading to Kenya this coming week (July 25, 2013).  Please keep all of us in your prayers as we travel and as we spend time in-country with our Kenyan friends.  Also...please feel free to keep up with us as Faith Bauer, Team Kenya 2013 Blogmaster, blogs about our tip on this blog site:  http://hmi-nc.blogspot.com.

We will be in Kenya from Thursday, July 25, 2013, thru Saturday, August 3, 2012.

God's peace to all of you!!

Dave
On Behalf of Team Kenya 2013

Drew Bauer's Prayer Requests:

For God to continue to prepare each of us on the team for whatever situation we might find ourselves in.
That each of us would be used to let God's glory shine through, and that there would be many opened doors to share His love.
That each of us would be kept safe, healthy, and energized
That each of us would open our hearts and allow God to change us in only the ways He can
Keep my son, Andrew in prayers for his safety and wisdom while he is in the Dominican Republic
For my wife, Donna, that she will be kept safe and have some great alone time while Faith and I are gone.
That our travels will go as planned and that ALL our luggage will arrive at the same time we do!

Faith Bauer's Prayer Requests:

Safe travels and good health for our team throughout the trip.
A heart and mind open enough to allow God to work to His fullest capacity during our time in Kenya.
Growth between my father and myself as we embark on this journey together.
A revitalized desire to work in the medical field via overseas ministry. 

Stephen Bozzone's Prayer Requests:

For my wife Karen and son Nicholas while I’m gone and that they will be safe while I’m away.
That God would open my eyes to see others the way he does, and to have compassion.
I’ve been working on an idea for non-profit organization called InnovatingHope.org and I want to move it from the back burner and get going so I need courage and direction.
For everyone's health and safety.

Ron Brooks' Prayer Requests:

Father, Open our hearts, and clear our minds that we may feel Your presence.
Fill us with your spirit, let Your Words flow through us, and let Your light shine through us.
Open our eyes to see the beauty that surrounds us.
Let Jesus be show in us through our actions, thoughts and deeds.
Have us plant a seed in the hearts of the lost that You may work through them.
Keep us safe in our travels, healthy and strong that we may do Your work.
Grant us wisdom that we may fulfill our purpose.

Dave Brown's Prayer Requests:

Father, bless our Kenyan brethren as they seek to follow Jesus and to create a sustainable community devoted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
Prepare the heart of every travel team member to be an open conduit of Your loving kindness to everyone they meet.
Erect a high hedge of protection around every team member.
Bring the team together as a family.
Help Dave live a surrendered life.
Give Him Your Mind and enable Him to feel Your Heart
Enable him to humbly serve his team members.

Keith Fox's Prayer Requests:

Heavenly Father, I pray...
That our mission team has a safe passage to and from Kenya, is illness and injury free during the duration of the trip and that your divine presence is felt the entire mission.
That the family and friends supporting our mission team come to terms that you are with us and that worrying about what might or could happen to us is unnecessary.
That our time in Kenya is spiritually enriching to the mission members, the Kenyan people and those supporting us from afar.
That the Kenyan people are receptive and we find them in good health and spirits.
In your son’s name, Amen.

Kimberley Pierce Cartwright's Prayer Requests:

I pray that I can meet my financial obligations for this trip.
I pray that God will use me, and that I will be open to His call.
I pray that my family will be protected while I'm away.
I pray for good health and that I will be protected from disease.
I pray for good relationships for our mission team.
I pray for time for devotion and quiet time for meditation.
I pray for protection against enemy warfare.
I pray for safe passage to Africa and back home.
I pray that I will be able to witness God's answers to my prayers and that I will be humble in accepting His movements in my life. 
 
Roz Lloyd's Prayer Requests:

That our newhope team will have a safe and enjoyable flight.
That we will experience the joy of serving God.
That our Kirian brothers and sisters will experience God in a Grand Way.
That our friends and families will be well and that they will keep us in their daily prayers.

Amanda Mancuso's Prayer Requests:

God, help me to...
Reset:  Help me turn off the demands of home and be fully present.
Surrender:  Open my heart and mind for this experience.
Serve:  May I be a servant to everyone I encounter.
Connect:  Help me build meaningful relationships with those I encounter.
Return:  Seal the experience in my heart for when I return to "normal" life.

Dana Raines' Prayer Requests:

Safe travels for our Kenya 2013 team.
A continued strengthened relationship with our Kenyan brothers and sisters.
For us to see what God wants to do IN and THROUGH us.


Dusti Sellers' Prayer Requests:

Father, take what each of us has to share and multiply it to glorify your purposes.
Prepare our hearts, and the hearts of all we come in contact with, to encounter You in each and every moment.
Open the eyes of each team member to see how truly blessed we are to be able to serve alongside our Kenyan brothers and sisters in Christ.
Work within each of us so that Your Son is clearly seen in our actions, thoughts, and deeds.
Open the hearts of those who don't know You, and use Your servants to lay seed on that fertile soil through the relationships built.
Father, protect each and every team member's safety, health, and strength of heart for what You have in store.
Help me, oh God, to serve, to surrender, and to strive to be more Christ-like because of this experience.

No comments: