Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Thou Shalt Not Speak!

Hello All!

   Currently the team is participating in a fast from speaking. It began last night after we had communion and will go until we say the blessing over breakfast this morning. It has been interesting to see how we interact with one another and find other forms of communication when we need to say something. It seemed as though as soon as I stopped talking, God completely took over my thoughts. I have felt him in the back of my mind last night and this morning as I woke up. So that has been really great to see that as we stop talking, God is able to begin. It is like a conversation I suppose. 

   Today we leave Hotel Panorama at 8am. I am sad to be leaving this place and Kiria, but I am excited for the future; hopefully it brings me back! Yesterday during the "going away" ceremony the school had for us, the community's council gave each one of us a special name. My name was Njoki, which means "the one who keeps coming back." As soon as I heard what the meaning was, I lost it! haha I can't imagine not coming back to Kiria and these kids. I love them very dearly and I can't wait to see them next. I was thinking about heaven and how I cannot wait until all the believers are there. There won't be any more air fares to pay for, excuses to give, or schedules to overcome just in order to visit with these wonderful people. That will truly be amazing!!


Faith

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an AWESOME display of faith & love!
Faith, your name fits you very well - and you have
Inspired me today! God Bless you & thank you
for all your efforts! Thankful for you all,



Randy
@newhopechurchnc