Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Team Haiti January 2014 and Their Prayer Requests - Draft in-progress



Greetings...

On Friday, January 17th, 14 newhopers (and newhope affiliates) will depart RDU in Raleigh/Durham, NC, for Haiti, where we will spend seven days with our Haitian friends in the village of Bohoc.  For those of you who might not know, Bohoc is a rural, mountainous village in northeastern Haiti, approximately 2/3 of the way between Port au Prince and Cap Haitian.  This will be our sixth trip to Bohoc, a village we adopted in 2011
Provided below is the team and their prayer requests.
While we're in Haiti, please feel free to follow us on this blog site as Reah and Cathy, our trip blogmasters, write of our comings, goings, doings, and non-doings while we're in-country.

Peace...

Dave


Ashley Anderson


That God will use me to bless the Haitian people.
That God will show me the will he has for my life and help me better follow his plan.
That God will use this experience in Haiti to make me even further appreciate all that I am blessed with.
That God will help the whole team work together flawlessly for his will.
That Got will equip me with the words and actions to deliver the message of hope to the people of Haiti.
That God will protect each member of our team in our travels.

Dave Brown


That God will bless our Haitian brethren as they seek to follow Jesus and to create a sustainable community devoted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
That God will prepare the heart of every travel team member to be an open conduit of God's loving kindness to every other team member and to our Haitian brethren.
That God will erect a high hedge of protection around every team member.
That God will bring our team together as a family.
That I will live a surrendered life.
That I will know the Mind and feel the Heart of Jesus.
That I will humbly serve my team members.

Tracy Crosby


"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 3:10
Dear Lord Jesus,
I am so grateful and humbled that you have given me another opportunity to be your light to the people of Haiti. Words can't even begin to describe how blessed and at the same time how broken I've been on my previous  trips to Haiti. I pray that I am forever changed by those trips, but I want You to renew a right spirit within me Lord. I do not want to have any pre-conceived ideas or agendas, I only want to do your will and purpose for my time in Bohoc this year.
Lord, I pray that my heart would be open to receive all the blessings you have for me on this mission trip, especially the ones that are disguised as suffering. Lord, this trip is during the beginning of my Spring semester, so please help me stay focused and not be double-minded.
I pray for all of my team members as they prepare for this journey. Lord, keep them physically healthy, emotionally and mentally healthy, and most of all reassure them that You are the God that created the heavens and the earth, You hung the stars in the sky, and You own the cattle on a thousand hills. There is nothing that is out of your control – everything is “Father Filtered.” Give them, and their families that are staying here, your peace that passes all understanding. I pray for their time in Haiti; that it will be all that You want it to be for them and the people that they are going to touch.
I pray for my mom, Lord while I'm in Haiti. I pray that you'll protect her and give her strength; that she will not be anxious or fearful about anything, but she will trust that You hold her and me safely in the palm of your hand.
I'm so excited to do your work Lord Jesus, to be a small part of your plan for these people you love so much in Haiti. I give you all the praise and all the glory!!!  AMEN

Jonathan Fisher


Safe travels for our mission team.
To come back more grateful for all the smaller things in life.
For God to bring our team together.
To spread the Word of Christ to the people of Haiti.
That we all serve to the best of our abilities.

Leslie Love


Lord, my prayer is that you open my heart, my mind, my spirit to be able to receive and give all that you ask of me in being a servant vessel to honor and bring you the glory on this mission.
Fathe,r I ask that you protect each of my sisters and brothers in Christ as we travel, serve, work, and rest.  Cover us with your hedge of protection, allow our angels to walk before us, beside us, above us, and below us at all times.
Father, my prayer is that each person that we encounter sees only the unconditional love of you through our words, our actions, and simply our presence, allowing your light to bring peace, encouragement and hope.
Lord, my prayer is that while we are absent in the physical body from our family and loved ones that You protect each of them, our homes, our jobs and allow us to return safely to perfect harmony and all being well.

Carson MacMillan


That my life will change as a result of this trip.
That I will make friends with some of the kids in Bohoc.
That I will become more respectful of other people and more appreciative of what I have back in the United States.

Leah MacMillan


For Your peace in the hearts of our two foster (soon to be adopted) children, an understanding that we are not leaving them, and that they will not be replaced by other orphans.
For safety in our travels.
That God will continue to work on my heart and mind, that I might continue to be transformed more into the person I already am in His Eyes.
That I will not have become desensitized to what I see and whom I meet just because I have been to this country and community so many times before.
That I will be given the gift of rare moments and opportunities, so that when I return, I can share them with those that ask.

Ramsay MacMillan


That God will open my heart to the deep understanding of the meaning of why I return to Haiti every year (for 4 years now).
For safety and peace in our travels.
For ever strengthening relationships between me and my teammates (including my wife!).
That God will speak to those who are not believers but who have supported this mission with their financial donations.
That this trip will strengthen my relationship with God.

Lynn and Myron Nicholson


We pray for the humbling and preparing of our hearts for His Glory.
We pray for safe travels for our team.
We pray for a spirit of unity and oneness amongst our team.
We pray for GODs strengthening and changing us to better know and serve him.
We pray that we will be used to help our Haitian brothers and sisters in whatever is needed to praise and bring God glory.
We pray for continued blessings on our family and friends at home during our time away.

Reah Nicholson


I pray for safe travels and good health for all of our team members.
I pray for my parents, who are participating in their first mission trip together, that God will continue to be the foundation of their marriage, and that this trip will make their marriage even stronger, spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
I pray that God will use me as a vessel to spread His love, grace, and mercy to our brothers and sisters in Bohoc, as well as allow me to share His Word with others.
I pray that this trip will continue to strengthen my relationship with God.

Cathy Oakley


Father God,
First and foremost I give you praise for placing the desire in my heart and providing the way for me to go to Haiti.  You took care of all the obstacles that tried to keep me from going.  I pray for our group:
That you will watch over us and keep us safe;
That we will be the hands and feet for you, God, to be a testament of your love;
That we have the understanding that we can't change their world, only support as best we can;
That we are humbled by our Haitian brothers and sisters; and
That we return home with a grateful heart.
In Jesus name I pray,
Amen

Joey Reaves


Pray for traveling mercy for entire team, to and from Haiti.
Pray for emotional and physical strength while on the trip.
Pray that God uses each of us in whatever way He sees fit.
Pray that our hearts and minds will be open to whatever God will have us do.
Pray for the Haitians we will meet and interact with.

Christi Wallace


Each of the team member's heart will be open to God's leading and the opportunities He places before us, that we will be used as His hands and feet, that this opportunity and experience will be life-changing, drawing us closer to God, and giving us more of a heart for His people wherever we are.
The God-given gifts and abilities of each team member will be used together to humbly serve with love, compassion and kindness, and seeds of His truth will be planted.
The Haitian people will feel God's presence and be receptive to living their lives according to His perfect plan, and that they will be encouraged through faith and hope in Jesus Christ.
Protection, safety and good health for the team so He can accomplish His plans through us, as well as for our family and friends while we are away.
Family and friends will keep us constantly in their prayers.

No comments: