Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Saturday, January 28, 2012

28 Jan...6:15a

Good morning!

I hope that everyone reading this slept well.  Most of the team went to bed fairly early last night as yesterday began at around 2:30a for most of us.  Despite our weariness, though, we all seemed to be in good spirits.  Thus far this morning, I've seen only Ramsay (who just went out to take pictures of the sunrise and, most likely, to talk with some of the kids who are out waiting for the sun to rise so they can begin their reading and memorization work for school [such things put many of us to shame]) and Steve.

There are several things that I especially love about Haiti in the morning:  (1) my one-minute morning shower (I had hot water this morning!); (2) the stars before the sunrise (it's so dark here that one can enjoy the milky way in a manner that is quite rare in the states); (3) hours of alone time with God; (4) the sunrise as it comes up behind the mountains; (5) the ladies who are singing in the kitchen as they prepare breakfast; and (6) Haitian coffee (which I'm having right now!).

Haiti is an arena for the souls of men, women, and children...

Even at 2:55a, when I was out in the courtyard talking with God, I could hear the drumming and chanting that is so characteristic of Haitian voodoo practice.  In Haiti, voodoo is so prevalent that it has, unfortunately, become an integral part of many mainline denominational church services.  In many ways, actually, it's the other way around.  And by that I mean, Christian worship has become integral to voodoo practice.  Keep all our Haitian brethren in your prayers, my friends.

May God bless you and your Saturday morning!

In Him...

Dave (On behalf of Team Haiti 2012)

Jeremiah 31:3...The Lord has appeared to us from a far, saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steven and Allison I'm very proud of both of you! Love you, Dad

Christy said...

I miss Haiti. wut a wonderful way to start ur day. May God break the strongholds of Satan and defeat Voudou in Bohoc. Lord, bring ur Kingdom to Haiti thru ur servants. Thnk u for the updates Dave. Today i will b in prayr spfcly bout Gods truth n light overcoming this darkness in ppls lives. Happy Happy Day to u all.