Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

31 Jan...8:05p

Greetings!!

This afternoon was amazing.

Being that today was our last day in the community of Bohoc, a lot of today included good-byes.  As I wrote yesterday, it's always so very hard to leave the kids we love being around so much.  My heart breaks as I know that I cannot take little Angela (pronounced An-GEL-ah) with me.  But I have her photograph, I have my memories of her (which I will hold in my heart forever), and I have the hope, too, that I will see her again soon (Lord-willing in April!).  I have a special friend in Kenya, too.  His name is Francis.  And, now that I have both Angela and Francis, I have a very special child friend in both Kenya and Haiti that I can give of my life to through prayer and, it is hoped, see at least a couple times a year.  I will post a picture of Angela at the top of the photo postings below.  (Note:  I share my story above because it is so very similar to everyone's on the team, as all of us have at least one [if not several] special kids that each of us would take home or die for in a second.)

This evening was amazing, too.

Several members of the Bohoc Leadership Council (LC) came out to the guesthouse to meet with us, pray with us, and commission us back to our lives in the U.S.  I will share more about tonight's time with the LC tomorrow.

For now, though, what I'd like to do is just post a few more photos and then go to bed.

Bendi bene ou!

Dave (On Behalf of Team Haiti 2012)



1 comment:

Stacy W. said...

So awesome to keep up with you guys via the blog. Sounds like the trip is great. Wish I could be with you guys. Safe travels home! Stacy