Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Saturday, April 21, 2012

21 Apr...6:11a

Good morning, everybody!

The internet went down yesterday evening, so I wasn't able to post anything after dinner.  The spaghetti Dinner was FABULOUS last night...and, by that, I mean it was made with chicken (which I'm not allergic to!! ), and I got to eat it!!  Thus far, I haven't had to open a single package of tuna.  :o)

After dinner, Ronald led the debrief for the team and talked with us about a number of the things occuring in Bohoc.  He didn't want to say too much because he didn't want to "ruin the surprise" (those are my words) for those on the team whp've not yet experienced Bohoc.  At the end of the debrief, we all laid hands on and prayed for Ronald as his back has been bothering him for months.  After that, some of us (well, pretty much, just me) went to bed.

Right now, I'm sitting in the dining area waiting for the coffee to finish brewing.  The coffee here in Haiti is REALLY good.  Back in the states, I drink only decaf coffee as I don't typically like how caffeine makes me feel.  Whenever I'm here in Haiti, though, I drink ALOT of coffee.  I do the same thing in Kenya.  When I get back to the states, though, it takes me about a week to wean myself back to drinking just decaf again.

Anyway...

I'm hoping that everyone on the team slept well last night as we have another big day ahead of us.  Breakfast is at eight, followed by devotions, packing up the bus, and then heading out for Bohoc.  (For those of you who may not know, Bohoc means "Beautiful Rock".)

The drive to Bohoc takes several hours.  In January, it took us about four+ hours to make the trip there.  On the return trip a week later, it took only about three hours, principally because our friend Tompy drove (in a former life, I think he was a race car driver or played Fred Flinstone or something).  For the one or two of you who don't know who Tompy is, he's the national Haitian director for The 410 Bridge.  And he's related to EVERYONE here in Haiti, with the exception of (if I read the Haitian demographics correctly) three people:  A teen-aged boy named Edwin (no, not his brother Edwin), a lady named Rosa (no, not his cousin, Rosa), and some other person who immigrated to Haiti and settled just outside of Cap-Haitian some thirty-five years ago.  I had intended to have a tee shirt made up with the words, "I am NOT Tompy's Cousin" on the front, but I kind of ran out of time before this trip.

In Bohoc, today, Lord-willing we'll meet with the Leadership Council, tour the village, and, most likely, do some home visits.

For all of you who are following and praying for us, we are all so very grateful.  We consider it such a privilege to be able to share this time with you.  Please continue to keep Bill and Brit in your prayers as they lead us throughout the week.

Okay...I think the coffee's about ready, so I'm going to go grab a cup and take my place in line.

God's peace to all'y'all; more later...

Dave
On Behalf of Team Haiti 2012/April

PS  I'll try to post some pictures tonight.

No comments: