Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Friday, April 27, 2012

27 Apr...5:46a

Good morning, everyone...

The internet is out here at the guest house attached to the New Life Childrens Home in Port au Prince (PaP).  As such, I may not be able to post this until we're at the airport in Miami.  If I can post it earlier, I will.  Because the internet is down, I won't be able to post additional pictures (as posting pictures to blogspot can take a little while), and, for that, I do apologize.

The plan, yesterday, was for us to tour some of the remaining earthquake devastation downtown, but since we got in here so late (it took us over five hours to make the trip) and we were all feeling pretty tired, we decided to just hang around the guest house last night and not try to go out anywhere.  I think we're going to try to tour downtown on our way out later this morning.  Since we're going to be leaving soon, and since the internet has been so sketchy, I'm going to let this be my last post for the trip.  I will miss being able to share with all of you in this way.  :o(

For those of you interested, here's our flight itinerary for the day:

Depart:  PaP at 3:15p on American Airlines (AA) #804
Arrive:  In Miami at 5:30p
Depart:  Miami at 9:00p on AA #1880
Arrive:  At RDU at 11:00p

Last night, we had our trip debrief, and in the next day or so I'll post The Road Map for responding to Haiti that I presented to the team during the debrief.  After breakfast this morning, we'll share our last devotion together as a team.  (I'm really going to miss being with this team!)

To those of you (friends and family) who've been following us and praying for us so diligently over the last few days (despite our internet difficulties on this end)...

...From the bottom of my heart, thank you.  The trip was amazing, largely because of your prayers and faithfulness.

To newhope church and PBK in central North Carolina...

...Thank you for being such an awesome church community, and thank you, Benji, for leading us.  All'y'all just rock!

To The 410 Bridge (Haitian and US Staff)...

...Once again, I am somewhat speechless.  I am so grateful that God provided this opportunity for us to yoke together in this work.  Special blessings go out to Ronald (Hatian), Jedlain (Hatian), Stacy (US), Blake (US), and Wendell (US).

To the team (Denise, Robert, Tracy, Keith, Bill, Julie, Melinda, Connie, Brit, and Ronald)...

You all are just amazing (ABSOLUTELY amazing!!!!!), and I love all of you so very much.  Thank you for coming on this trip and just being a part of this team.  Praying for you these last many months and being with you over the last eight days has been such a pleasure to me.  And an honor as well!  May God bless all of you in ways that far exceed even your wildest of imaginations.

And...

To Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior...

Thank YOU for inviting us to come hang out with You here in this country You love so much.  And thanks, too, for getting up so early every morning so that we could hang out together.  You're so good to me, and I love You more with each passing day.

Okay...I'm going to sign-off and go embibe some coffee, now.  Peace out, y'all.  CU...

Dave
New Life Guest House
Port au Prince, Haiti
April 27, 2012

1 comment:

Stacy Williams said...

Fabulous! Loved following the blog. Makes me feel like I was there!