Team Kenya 2013: July 25, 2013 - August 3, 2013

Monday, April 16, 2012

Team Haiti 2012 (April Trip): The Members and Their Prayer Requests

Greetings, everyone...

Please find below the prayer needs and requests of the ten team members from newhope church in central NC, who will be traveling to Bohoc, Haiti, this Friday, April 20, 2012.  Please keep us in your prayers throughout the time we're in Haiti (April 20-27, 2012).

Oh...and don't forget to keep up with all that's happening on the ground while we're in-country.  It’s my plan to post two to three times a day so that you can share in what God's doing in the lives of Team Haiti 2012 and in the lives of our precious friends in the village of Bohoc.

God's blessings,

Dave

PS…For those of you who may be wondering…No, I am NOT Tompy’s cousin.  Peace…


Dave Brown
Team Father
Age 46


Thou wilt make known to me the path of life.  Thy Countenance is fullness of joy; at Thy Right Hand [Jesus!] are pleasures forevermore.--Psalm 16:11


The Lord has appeared to us from afar saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness."--Jeremiah 31:3-1


Father, I bring before You my dear friend and brother, Dave…

May he KNOW that You love Him, and may he experience the power and meaning of Your Son’s death and resurrection in every aspect of His life.

May he have Your Heart beating within His very own, and may he see and think about things the way You See and Think about them.  Oh that he might feel Your Heart and live from the Deep Places of joy and sorrow that reside Therein, and, oh, too, that he might have the Mind of Your Son and that he might live, serve, and give of himself wisely and selflessly to all those who need him.

May he, as he has prayed so very often, walk before You in holiness, humility, and purity all the days of his life, and may he, indeed, live a simple, open, and ordinary life inspired by a great love for You and for others and by an insatiable enthusiasm for life and for everything that has life.

May he be a missional conduit of Your healing and of Your loving-kindness, joy, compassion, and equanimity to all those within the realm of his influence and existence.

Use Him, Lord, to extend Your kingdom; use him, also, to hallow Your Name.  Listen, write, and express Who You Are through him, Lord, and enable Him, oh God, to inspire those around him to dream and to pursue those dreams.  May he be used by You to bring physical and living water to those who thirst…wherever they might be.

Place a hedge of thorns around his heart, soul, mind, and body, and please protect him for the attacks and assaults of his enemies.  Rise up, oh God, and defend him.  Come quickly to his aid, and rescue him from the fowler’s snare, for Thou Art his Refuge and Ever-Present Help in times of difficulty and trouble.

May the both of you forever enjoy the times you get to spend together, and may each breath Dave takes be of, for, and all about You.

And, last but not least, oh God…may Dave continue to find in You his greatest pleasure and satisfaction in life, and may the peace and humble joy that arises from such things spill over liberally, gracefully, and unashamedly into all those around Dave who love him so much.

For it is in the blessed and hallowed Name of Jesus that I ask of You these very things,

Amen.


Denise and Robert Caylor
Ages 34 & 30


Dear God,

We pray for protection as we travel to a foreign land.

We pray for health against disease and illness so that we may be fully functional to accomplish Your mission.

May Your will be done as You guide our paths on this journey.

Protect us as a couple overseas, and protect our 9-year-old son, Tyler, in the States.  Our son will be staying at our uncle's house and will be away from us for the first time.  Guide him and be a Father to him in our absence.  May he use this opportunity to lean on You and look to You during this time.

May You allow us to be Faithful, Available, and Teachable in this moment and in every opportunity that You open up to us. Open up opportunities to be faithful and give us the desire to genuinely love Your people.

Allow us to love people as You have loved us.  Allow us to sacrifice our wants and our own comforts in order to walk in Your light and accomplish Your will.

Allow us to put away all selfishness and show the love of God in how we think, what we say, and what we do.  Do not let us complain about any situation we may face, but rather praise You in every challenge that You allow us to encounter.

Allow us to be ALL IN and put forth every effort to please You with all diligence.  Allow us to be changed as You work in us and through us.  Do not let this be a one-time event, but a memorable one.  Allow us to be changed in such a way that we will change others in our everyday lives.  

May we touch those that we are helping, be touched by the experience, and touch others upon our return.  We have been Reached and Saved by You; we’ve been Taught the Bible; and now we’re being Released into the international mission field as followers of Christ.  May Your Holy Spirit guide us, speak through us, and work through us as the very Hands and Feet of Jesus.  We have answered the call and have said, "Send Us, Lord!"

We also pray for those praying for us.  May they be diligent and fight alongside us in spiritual warfare.  As we are prayed for, we know that You will hear the cries and offer Your Hand.  Offer protection for them in their day-to-day lives.  Allow them to understand that attacks will come during this time to distract them from fighting with us.  Do not allow them to lose heart, but offer them encouragement to sustain in this fight.  We are all in this together as one body and even though we are the hands and the feet, they are offering the hearts and minds of Jesus as well. We are unable to do this alone and their diligence is what will sustain us to victory.

In Jesus' name we pray,

Amen.


Tracy Crosby


Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.--Matthew 5:16

Lord Jesus, I pray that I will seek Your plan and purpose for this trip to Haiti, not only for my life, but for every life I come in contact with.

I pray that I will think the thoughts You want me to think, say the words You want me to say, and do the things You want me to do.

Lord, this trip is not about me, my agenda, or expectations; it’s all about You and Who You are and the love, grace, and mercy You have for everyone.

I pray that I am a bright shining light, that everyone I come in contact with will see the love of Christ through me, that hearts will be forever changed, and that lives will be saved.

Lord, I pray that I will be a source of comfort for my team; that I will encourage and strengthen them and love them unconditionally.

And finally, Lord Jesus, I pray that my heart will forever be broken and that I will be closer to being conformed to Your image.  Help me to know You in a deeper way, Lord Jesus.  I love you Lord.  Amen.


Keith Fox



First and foremost that the newhope Mission Team has a safe and uneventful trip to and from Haiti;

That the people of Haiti find our visit as a blessing and favor;

The our visit and interaction with the Haitian people continue to build on previous mission trips and that we continued to expand the bridge between Haiti and newhope church;

I pray that my experience in Haiti matches the vision of what I believe it will be and hope for;

I pray that I return from our trip a changed man, a better person, closer to God, and with newly formed friendships with my fellow missionaries;

Finally, I pray that my family and friends remain safe and sound during my absence and that their prayers sustain me before, during and after our trip;

Amen.


Bill Hailey
Co-Team Leader with Brit Smith
Age 42


Please join together with me, my brothers and sisters, in the prayer below...

Father,

I pray for You to be first and foremost in my thoughts, my actions, the relationships I build, and in every part of my life.  It is my desire to be totally consumed by You and totally committed to advancing Your kingdom in Haiti and everywhere I go.

I pray that in everything I do, that I will do it to the best of my ability in order to bring glory to You.  May my heart and mind to be receptive to any changes that You want to make in me, and may Your Spirit live in and express Himself freely in and through me that these changes might become reality.  May my words encourage, help, bless, and heal and not hurt nor hinder.

I pray that I, my team, and my Haitian brothers and sisters will be prepared to experience all that You have in store for us on this trip.  Father, protect each of us from our enemies when they attempt to hinder us, discourage us, and place discontent within us.   God, I place my faith in You alone, knowing that You will guide and protect us and will provide for our every need.

Help me to live out the life as described in Colossians 3: 12-17, which reads, “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.  Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.  Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”

And lastly God, but certainly not least, I pray in every situation Your perfect will be done.

I ask all of these things in the precious name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior...

Amen.


Julie Harbert


Holy, beloved Father...

In the scheme of your all-knowing, this small fragment of time (April 20-27) is but a brief moment.  But as we prepare, and then finally arrive in Haiti, I pray that Your Hand is on each member of the group – keeping us safe and always pointed in the direction of Your will.

As I make final preparations this week, I pray that You will guide me to be ready to do Your work – so that Your loving power can be received by as many of the wonderful people and children of Haiti as possible.

I feel fortunate to have this opportunity to help spread Your love and do Your work here on earth; I know and understand that fortune is received from you.  Thank you for giving your Son so that I could come to know You.

Please bless the people that we encounter along the way and the people at home at newhope, especially those who have not found their way there yet.  Amen.


Melinda Duarte (Hester)


I pray for safe travels for Team Haiti 2012 to and from our destinations as well as for us to remain in good health so that we can fully serve energetically and enthusiastically.  I pray for my friends and family while I am gone to know that I am safe and that I am doing good works in the name of the Lord.  I pray for our team and for our own relationships to build as we serve together and for this to grow and stretch us all in our relationship with Christ.

I know that this trip was in God’s plan long before I ever imagined it, and He orchestrated me to go on this trip on HIS calendar, not mine.  I pray for my eyes to be opened to all that God intends for me to see through this trip.  I pray that I will fulfill the mission He intends for me to accomplish, just as He set it in motion, that I will decrease, and that He will increase.  I pray for my heart to be opened to the people of Haiti so that I may pour the love my faithful God has showered on me right back out to them.  I pray that in all my serving, the people of Haiti will not just see me, but see our loving God in me.  I pray for all communication barriers to be broken down and that God will be our universal language.  I pray for restoration of hope of the people of Haiti in Bohoc and beyond through all who go abroad to serve.

HOPE= Helping Other People Everywhere!


Connie Richeal


Pray that each and every day of my life I would........
Always be Absolutely Surrendered to God
Believe that all things are possible to those that are in Christ Jesus
Continually have Compassion and Care for all of God’s creation
Deeply Devoted to the One that gave His life for me
Exalt His Name forever
Faithfully serve Him
Glorify Him
Humble myself in the sight of the Lord
Immerse myself daily in the Word of God
Joyfully endure all trials and tribulations
Know that all things work together for good to those that are called
Look for opportunities to share God’s Word to a lost and hurting world
Marvel at the beauty of His Holiness
Never stray from the Truth
Obey Him
Pray without ceasing
Quiet and Confident strength in Him
Remain steadfast and immovable on The Rock of my Salvation
Speak the truth in love
Tread on serpents and scorpions and over all the power of the enemy
Unconditionally Love
Value the time God has given me
Wisely seek the Will and Ways of God
Xtreme faith
Yield myself to the Holy Spirits leading
Zealous for the Kingdom of God


Britany Smith
Co-Team Leader with Bill Hailey
Age 25

I pray that God works through my heart along with the hearts of my fellow team members and those we will be serving in Haiti.  Let this team be a testament of God’s love, and may we be a witness to all those with whom we come into contact throughout our travels.

Lord, please protect us from things, be they physical, emotional, or spiritual, that may harm us or hinder us from doing Your work.

Lastly, as we prepare for this journey, help us to remember Philippians 4:6-7, which reads, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus”.

No comments: